More About Level10 CFO
Level10 CFO is a new firm for the new economy, offering a fresh take on outsourced CFO advisory and accounting services. We lead with an advisory-first approach on all client engagements. That could mean assisting a start-up technology company needing bookkeeping and some help with prospective financials for an investor deck. It could also mean working with a growth middle-market company needing a CFO to help with strategic financial planning and a controller to bring controls and efficiency to its transactional accounting environment. Though we promote the use of EOS® (Entrepreneurial Operating System… ask us later!), we don’t demand it of our clients. Its constructs are woven into how we engage and drive value for our clients. We live these core values:
- Our clients’ interests always come first.
- We brave the crucial conversations.
- We embrace technology.
- We actively challenge the status quo.
- We like to laugh (even at ourselves!).
Controller Advisor Job Description Summary
The Controller Advisor must present as a self-assured (but not cocky) consultant to the organization who can quickly establish credibility, trust, and rapport, both with leadership and with any staff under direction. The Controller should be dogged in making sure the trains run on time, relentless in driving efficiency through process, and make a Supermax prison warden envious of the control environment. Each day should start with the question, “How can I leave the client better off than I found them?”
The Controller Advisor is also expected to contribute to the evolution and growth of Level10 CFO, including but not limited to our process, procedure, technical maturity, and general enjoyment of coming to work each day.
- Been to a few rodeos. Enjoyed a couple rides up and down the business roller coaster. Have the scars to prove it.
- Been the right-hand man/woman, the consigliere to the CFO.
- Been responsible for all aspects of the transactional accounting environment and the publishing of (accurate and timely!) financial statements.
- Mix of start-up and mid-market Controller, Accounting Manager, or like senior accounting work history is ideal.
- Systems and technology implementation experience.
- Extra credit:
- Finance, Planning, and Analysis (FP&A) experience.
- Experience in technology/software and/or services organizations, especially agency model businesses.
- Capital raising and M&A experience.
- Experience in consulting and/or fractional environments.
- Diplomacy and communication.
- Proven ability to lead, manage, and hold staff accountable, and to coordinate work effectively and push work to the right level of a human capital stack.
- Efficient, clear, and concise process creation and documentation ability.
- Ability (and excitement!) to adopt and maximize use of new technologies and drive adoption in the organization.
- Brown belt in Excel/Google Sheets. Black belt bonus!
- Disassemble and reassemble a flux capacitor.
- P.S. Knowing GAAP and preparing financial statements are table stakes.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related major.
- CPA certification preferred.
- If you have a Masters, we won’t hold it against you.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. On-site visitation of clients may be required. Occasional weekend and/or evening work may be required.
- Must be able to bench press 225 for reps and deadlift 2x own body weight. Okay, maybe just lift a printer or similar office equipment.