More about Level10 CFO
Level10 CFO is a new firm for the new economy, offering a fresh take on outsourced CFO advisory and accounting services. We lead with an advisory-first approach on all client engagements. That could mean assisting a start-up technology company needing bookkeeping and some help with prospective financials for an investor deck. It could also mean working with a growth middle-market company needing a CFO to help with strategic financial planning and a controller to bring controls and efficiency to its transactional accounting environment. Though we promote the use of EOS® (Entrepreneurial Operating System… ask us later!), we don’t demand it of our clients. Its constructs are woven into how we engage and drive value for our clients. We live these core values:
- Our clients’ interests always come first.
- We brave the crucial conversations.
- We embrace technology.
- We actively challenge the status quo.
- We like to laugh (even at ourselves!).
CFO Advi Job Description Summary
The CFO Advisor must present as a self-assured (but not cocky) consultant to the organization who can quickly establish credibility, trust, and rapport, both with leadership and any staff under direction. Essential for success in the role: An ability to think strategically, speak truth to the client while also managing the relationships, and clearly organize priorities around the opportunities and risks in front of the client, both near and far. Each day should start with the question, “How can I leave the client better off than I found them?”
The CFO Advisor is also expected to contribute to the evolution and growth of Level10 CFO, including but not limited to our process, procedure, biz development, technical maturity, and general enjoyment of coming to work each day.
- Been to a few rodeos. Enjoyed a couple rides up and down the business roller coaster from an executive level. Have the scars to prove it.
- Been the right-hand man/woman — the consigliere to the CEO.
- Mix of start-up and mid-market CFO, controller, or like senior leadership work history is ideal.
- Experience in consulting and/or fractional work is a bonus.
- Experience with capital raising and M&A.
- Have played well with board of director and investor relations (VC, PE, family office, etc.).
- Experience in technology/software and/or services organizations.
- Presentation skills, especially the numbers.
- Keen financial analysis chops (i.e., a good BS detector).
- Demonstrable ability to adapt new technology.
- Black belt in Excel/Google Sheets.
- Ability to tell a joke.
- P.S. Knowing GAAP and preparing a budget are table stakes.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related major.
- CPA certification preferred.
- If you have a Masters, we won’t hold it against you.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. On-site visitation of clients may be required. Occasional weekend and/or evening work may be required.
- Must be able to bench press 225 for reps and deadlift 2x own body weight. Okay, maybe just lift a printer or similar office equipment.